How it Works
What to expect
Small group sizes (8 – 14 per trip)
Mix of learners and Mandarin native speakers
Suitable for all levels, beginner to advanced
Transport provided within 25 miles of Leeds, Manchester, York, Sheffield and Hull
Fun activities including making chinese dumplings and playing mahjong
All meals provided and included in the price
Unfortunately we can’t accept children on the trip
- June 9 – 11, Currer Laithe Farmhouse, West Yorkshire (Sponsored by Hack Chinese)
- August 28th – September 1st, 5 day summer camp, YHA Rowen farmhouse, Conwy Valley, Wales
Can’t make those dates? Sign up to our newsletter and we’ll let you know as soon as a new trip is announced.
Currer Laithe Farmhouse is set in the beautiful West Yorkshire countryside near the market town of Keighley. View on map.
YHA Rowen farmhouse is set in the picturesque Conwy Valley, Wales near the River Conwy. View on map.
We can give you a lift to and from the events if you are within 25 miles of Hull, York, Sheffield, Leeds, Bradford or Manchester. There is free parking on site and and if you are able to make your own way there you will qualify for a £50 discount.
Our partner, LTL Language School are offering all who book the June retreat 5 online Chinese classes as part of the package. The classes won’t take place during the retreat – instead you can schedule them at a time that works for you.
If you book a retreat you will also receive two months free subscription to the excellent Mandarin learning website Hack Chinese.
If you have any queries about our retreats or would just like to chat please reach out via the contacts page.
Itinerary for next retreatFriday:
- 21:00: Greetings & icebreakers
- 21:30-23:00: Cocoa, decaf tea & chat
- 09:30-10:30: Full English Breakfast
- 11:00-12:45: Hiking walk
- 13:30-14:30: Lunch
- 15:00-17:00: Cultural activity
- 18:00-20:00: Make Chinese dumplings & eat evening meal
- 20:00-23:00: Board games, Mahjong & movie
- 09:00-10:00: Continental Breakfast
- 12:00-13:00: Lunch
- 13:00-16:30: Local sightseeing
- 16:30-17:00: Farewell
We have the following price plan for the June retreat:
- £299 for a single/bunk bed in a shared room for 2 nights
- £369 for a single bed in private room for 2 nights
- £589 per couple for 2 nights (double bed in a private room)
- £50 discount if you are willing to make your own way to the event
The following is our five day camp price plan:
- £599 for a single bed in a shared bedroom
- £50 discount if you make your own way to the event
You can secure your place on a weekend retreat by paying a £75 deposit. Summer camp spaces can be reserved with a £99 deposit. All deposits are refundable up to 10 days prior to the event. If you choose to pay the full cost up front you may cancel up to 10 days prior to the event for a cancellation fee of £75 for weekend trips, £99 for the five day camp.
Any questions? Please contact us!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up to our newsletter and we’ll let you know as soon as a new trip is announced.